Research indicated that a thermally efficient future-proof facade system was required, with off-site manufacture and value engineering solutions that actively seek to reduce material content.
Comar 9P.i High Performance framing offers two options of construction, ladder frame or mitre frame. Comar 9P.i windows and 9P.i doors can be hung directly from the frame, reducing the need for additional outer frames, creating a truly integrated solution.
Building typologies differ from refurbishment to new build, so Comar 9P.i has profiles widths from 78mm, 100mm and 120mm creating greater design flexibility.
There are three levels of thermal performance, standard, multi-chamber and multi-chamber thermal foam, creating U-values of between 1.6 to 1.0 for a typical grid size with opening vents.
Comar 9P.i has slim 65mm sight-lines to meet that architecturally demanded aesthetics are achieved. Glazing lines are flush, maintaining consistent lines for a sleek external facade providing straight interfacing with walls, internal floors and partitions. Consideration is also given for plaster-lines with profiles to cater for differing situations. Comar 9P.i windows can be open-in or open-out side, top or bottom hung and a tilt and turn option, offering unobtrusive ventilation. Comar 5P.i Vertical Sliding Windows and Horizontal Windows can also be integrated into the Comar 9P.i framing.
Glazing sizes have been catered for up to 62mm meaning that future requirements for high performing acoustic or triple glazed projects can be specified.
Comar 9Pi. The Next Generation of Framing Systems, includes:
• New Comar 9P.i & Comar 9P.i high performance window and door suite.
• Value Engineered: Windows and Doors hang directly from Comar 9P.i Framing, reducing metal content
• Fast-track fabrication, off-site construction.
• British Standards BS 6375, PAS 23 and PAS 24
• Security approved Secured by Design
• Dual colour options with all finishes: anodising with a 35-year guarantee, polyester powder coating, a 25-year guarantee with RAL colours from Interpon and Syntha Pulvin
• Value engineering opportunities creating cost efficiencies
• Low-rise thresholds and wide doors to cater for DDA
• Up to two storey facades, with 3000mm spans at 1500mm centres
• Low U-values 1.6 – 1.0
• High span mullions and transoms
• Slim 65mm, sight-lines
• Flexibility: Profile width 80mm, 100mm & 120mm
• Three options of thermal performance, standard, multi-chambered, thermal foam
• Flush glazing seamless opening vents
• Glass lines on one plane
• Integrates with existing Comar 5P.i windows and Comar 7 Doors
• Flexible fabrication mitre frame construction or ladder frame construction