Devonshire pool specialists, Westcountry Leisure installed the beautiful 25m swimming pool using Certikin supplied equipment and, impressed with the claims of the ground-breaking OC-1 filter media, felt that this would be an excellent occasion to put it through its paces.
The opening of the Dartmouth Indoor Swimming Pool came after many years of hard fund raising by the local community. Speaking at the "topping out" stage of the new pool, the Mayor of Dartmouth spoke of the enthusiasm within the community. "There are people here who have contributed to the swimming pool fund over the last 50 years. For a coastal town, it is essential that people learn to swim and feel safe, both working and taking part in activities on the river."
Westcountry Leisure’s Mark Gilpin says: “I am amazed at just how efficiently it works and the results it achieves. I think it justifies the title of a revolutionary product.”
Certikin’s Commercial Manager, Steve Nelson, says: “OC-1 represents the greatest advance in swimming pool filtration in the 21st century. Unlike traditional entrapment methods, British manufactured OC-1 works through settlement and harnesses advances in pump technology and variable speed pumps/controllers. Reduced energy and water consumption (thus less chemicals and heating) coupled with 20 times greater debris collection compared to sand or glass, makes it the filtration of choice. It is light to handle, easy to install, low in maintenance and has a typical payback of just 12 months.”
Steve went into consultation with Mark and estimated that using OC-1 compared to sand would in terms of electricity consumption save 71.73kW per day, which over the year equates to 26,181.45 kW. Assuming a price of 12p a kW, this amounts to a massive saving of £3,141.77 each year!
Why YOU should switch to OC-1
- Reduces energy consumption – OC-1 maintains constant flow rates, even when the media becomes dirty. No downtime is required for heating/salt chlorinators/heat pumps going out on low flow. The constant flow means pumps can be run at lower speeds, thus saving energy.
- Huge capacity for debris collection – OC-1 offers over 20 times the capacity of sand or glass.
- Reduced requirement for backwashing and a more efficient backwash - Reduces water consumption, chemical usage and heating.
- Lightweight - Can even be shipped inside a filter, easy to handle and super quick and easy to install.
- Less Maintenance - lasts longer than sand, reduces pressure in the system, extending the life of equipment.
- Filters to international swimming pool standards.
- Suitable for ALL installations - domestic or commercial, outdoor or indoor, new installations or existing filters.
- Recyclable at end of product life.
- Payback typically 6-12 months.